The Role of Camping and Adventurous Journeys
Leadership development is a process. There are no shortcuts.
Camping and engaging with the world outside of the classroom helps to transform understanding, develop empathy, nurture resiliency, enable team building, and help young people to push beyond what they though that they were capable of.
ASLeaders have the opportunity to participate in trips, adventures, service, and experiences that stretch their minds, push their bodies, and feed their souls.
Some of the trips that ASLeaders can experience are:
- leadership development camps
- local trips to connect with leaders
- DISNEY Institute - Leadership courses in parks with Disney leaders
- ALBERTA ROCKY MOUNTAIN ADVENTUROUS JOURNEY backpacking trip
- COSTA RICA journey to study biodiversity, environmental stewardship, and to participate in humanitarian service with our Bri Bri partners at Akberie school. Pura Vida!
All of our camping and adventurous journey experiences are meant to push the boundaries on personal leadership development, expand the understanding of teamwork, challenge minds on discovery, and to go outside of our comfort zones.
Our trips support the Duke of Edinburgh's International Award program.