NATIONAL CONTRIBUTIONS, AWARDS and HONOURS
Ascend / Advanced Student Leadership has participated in and contributed to the Canadian collective consciousness.
AWARDS & HONOURS
- 2019 Declaration Honouring the work of Advanced Student Leadership in Quebec's National Assembly.
- 2019 Quebec English School Board Association (QESBA) Excellence Award for Innovation In Teaching or Program Delivery.
- 2019 Regional OSEntreprende winner for the LEST WE FORGET LIGHT project at Laval Junior Academy.
- 2012 - The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal was awarded by the Governor General of Canada for making a significant contribution to Canada. - Canadian Honours and Awards, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- 2012 - Stop A Bully, Safe School Award for efforts and strategies implemented by ASLeaders at Laval Liberty High School.
- 2009 - 3rd Battalion Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (3PPCLI) Accommodation for efforts to build a significant partnership of learning between soldiers and students.
ASL IS A PART OF CANADIAN NATIONAL ARCHIVES
- 2017 - 3PPCLI memorial wreaths are made by ASLeaders annually and they are placed at the National War Memorial, and other important locations to the students and 3PPCLI, in Ottawa on Remembrance Day. One wreath was collected and it is now a part of the permanent collection of artifacts. It was placed on display in Ottawa from May to November 2017. - Canadian War Museum, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- 2014 - A camp badge from our first trip to Alberta was given to the archives of the PPCLI Regiment Museum. - PPCLI Regiment Museum, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- 2013 - ASLeaders successfully nominated Mrs. Niki Psiharis (mother of Sgt. Chris Karigiannis) as the National Silver Cross Mother for Canada. - Dominion Command, Royal Canadian Legion, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- 2012 - A climate change paper (COPu18) that was written in collaboration with select schools from across Canada and around the world. COPu18 was presented to the Canadian Senate and to the United Nations at a Climate Change Summit in Qatar. - Library of Parliament, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and the United Nations, New York, New York, United States of America
- 2010 - A speech delivered by an ASL member at an Operation Veteran Remembrance Day Ceremony at the Chateau Laurier prior to the national ceremony in Ottawa. - Library of Parliament, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- 2009 - A picture of ASLeaders with the Karigiannis family at leadership camp was given by Dr. Kavanagh to the Canadian War Museum for their collection. - Canadian War Museum, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
PARLIAMENT - CANADA
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY - QUEBEC
"It's not about the honours that you have received. It's about working to earn those acknowledgements every day." Sgt. Lorne Ford, C.D. M.M.M.